With members from almost 20 countries, we are probably the most international badminton club in the Flemish league. We have five teams in the mixed and level league competitions and regularly send large delegations to play in tournaments. On top of that, we have many keen casual players and an active and varied social life.
End of Year 2023 - Hall Closure
Please note that during end of year holiday season, the hall will remain closed from 24/12/2023 to 01/01/2024 (including both the days).
Hall closed on 05th November 2023
Please be informed that the sports hall facility will not be available for badminton on Sunday, the 05th of November 2023 due to the 'Big Jump' event organized by Wezembeek-Oppem commune.
Have a great weekend.
Hall closed on 1/11
The sportshall will be closed on 1/11/2023, so there will be NO training on Wednesday. It is All Saint’s Day in Belgium.
Enjoy your weekend,
New club rules
As discussed at the Annual General Meeting, we have a couple of new club rules that we want to introduce. Please read them fully focused and use them during training. These rules are for EVERYONE! Some are old rules, but they need to be refreshed.
- Everyone brings a shuttle on the court; you mix them, take one random and after the game, the shuttles left are distributed back to the owners. If you don’t know who the owner is (bc same shuttle brand), you throw it and it’s for the person where the shuttle is pointing at.
- Only 1 set per game if people are waiting
- If you’re waiting on the court for 2 other people to join and no one joins, you can start a single
- If you arrive late, you have to warm up on the side and not
use a court for 10 min while others are waiting. You can warm up for 3 minutes on court.
- Used shuttles: do not throw them away > juniors
- When you arrive, set up the courts that are not built yet and when you leave, help put everything back.
- Stop playing at 9:55pm
- Want to buy new tubes (We have Yonex AS20 for 27 euros and League 7 for 10 euros)> ask at the beginning or end of the training, not in the middle
- Note in the book when you take a shuttle tube (name and how many)
- Help the treasurer: put the date that you’ve taken a shuttle tube+your name in your payment communication
Thanks in advance for your cooperation,
Hall closed 18/05 and vote
IMPORTANT: The hall will be closed tomorrow (18/05/2023), so there will be no training.
As there is no training, you will have time to vote for the best improved badminton member of the season!
You can vote once by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/Pa6DC2nTUimgNDkw7
The winner will receive the trophee made by an ex-member Jarko who moved back to his country of birth after playing in the club for several years. You have 2 weeks to vote before we reveal the winner. You can vote on a player of every level, the trophee is about the change between the beginning and the end of the season.
So don't hesitate and just vote!
Wednesday 19:30 - 22:00 / Thursday 20:00 - 22:00 / Sunday 14:00 - 17:00 / Home Matches start at 14:00 on Sundays